(As the Ministry of Transport’s circular No.1/2016/TT-BGTVT entered into force on Sunday, May 01, 2016)
Passengers are required to have adequate travel documents for all flights. You can find more information about travel documents for a wholly convenient itinerary.
1. Passenger travelling on international flights shall submit one of the following identification forms:
• Travel documents or immigration documents in accordance with Vietnam Law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners (such as loose-leaf visa, permanent residence card, temporary residence card, identity card. Identity card or alternative documents as agreement between nations) are named “Passport” hereafter.
• Children without a passport: full names, date of birth and portrait picture with stamp have to be available in the travel document of the legitimate representative.
2. Passenger travelling on Vietnam domestic flights shall submit one of the following identification forms
2.1 Passenger from 14 years of age:
• Non-Vietnamese nationalities:
o Passport; Travel Document, Loose - leaf Visa, identity members card of diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations issued by Vietnam diplomatic offices; permanent residence card; temporary residence card; driving license; Aviation Security control card or airlines identity card issued by Vietnam authority.
o In case passport loss, diplomatic note certifying personal identification and passport loss with portrait pictures and stamp is required. Diplomatic note is valid within 30 days since the date of confirmation.
• Vietnamese nationality:
o Passport or Travel Document;
o Identity card;
o Military Identity card;
o National Assembly membership card;
o Communist party membership card
o Press Identity card;
o Driving license;
o Aviation Security control card;
o National Security Aviation Committee card;
o Airlines Identity card;
o Certifying personal identification form by local police or authorities about passenger ‘s permanent residence or temporaty residence (link to form); Certifying form by authorities about passenger ‘s sentenced completion.
Above certifying forms must be attached with stamped portrait picture and shall be valid within 30 days since the date of confirmation.
2.2 Passengers under 14 years of age
Non-Vietnamese nationalities: Passport.
o Birth Certificate (originals or certificated copies) ;
o Birth Certifying Form (infants under one (01) month old);
o Certifying form by a social organization for children under the patronage of that organisation. This certifying form shall be valid within 6 months since the date of confirmation.
The travel documents conditions:
The travel documents mentioned above shall meet the following conditions:
• Travel documents are original ones and still valid;
• Birth Certificate and Birth Certifying Form must be the original ones or copy one certified by notarial office with legal status.